Stories You Can Sink Your Teeth Into

Tiger Times

Stories You Can Sink Your Teeth Into

Tiger Times

Stories You Can Sink Your Teeth Into

Tiger Times

Green Team

Green+Team

Science teacher Jack Walker leads Erie High School’s Green team through another semester of helping out the environment. The Erie High School’s Green Team is welcome to anyone to help clean up the school and the community.

This semester Green team has held a trash clean up day. Where, the team spent the day going around the school and picking up trash. “We are doing a bake sale tomorrow and then most of the events we hold are in the spring semester”. Over the summer they had a community garden where members were able to learn about sustainable eating.

Green team is not a large commitment and anyone can help out. “Green Team is nice because you can be as involved or not involved as you want,” says Walker. Green Team meets once a month and everybody is welcome to come to the meetings if they have even the slightest interest in learning more about the club. 

Senior Logan Hale expresses, “I haven’t been able to attend a meeting but next semester my goal is to attend more meetings and be more involved in Green Team”. 

Next semester students can look forward to a Bike to school day where the Green Team encourages students to transport to school via walking, biking, etc.. Green Team will hand out donuts to the students who walk or bike to school.

There will also be another trash clean up day where the Green team will be partnering up with the National Honor Society to get more students involved. The Green team also has plans to celebrate Earth day. “In the monthly meetings next semester we will plan out how to celebrate Earth day and throw a little party for it,” explains Walker. 

Green team has been an easy way for students who care about the environment and want to take action to get involved. But they also create many ways for the student body to also get involved, taking one small step to help the planet at a time.