Stories You Can Sink Your Teeth Into

Tiger Times

Stories You Can Sink Your Teeth Into

Tiger Times

Stories You Can Sink Your Teeth Into

Tiger Times

Top 5 Elective at Erie High School

As students navigate the halls of Erie high school, they embark on a journey of the world’s finest education. Erie offers over 90 classes you can choose from, ranging from Arts to Science. Erie also offers classes through Front Range Community College and the CETC (Career Education Technology Center). Here we reveal the top five electives that stand out among the rest.

1. Culinary Nutrition

Erie High’s culinary class offers students a delectable journey into the world of cooking and culinary arts. Through hands-on experience, students learn essential skills, from knife techniques to food presentation. This program not only equips students with practical culinary knowledge but also cultivates teamwork and communication, preparing them for future culinary careers. With excerpt guidance from Jen Whemery, Erie High School culinary’s class provides a savory blend of education and inspiration for aspiring chefs.

1. Film Studies

Film Studies at Erie High School offers students a dynamic platform to explore cinematic storytelling. Through engaging coursework and hands-on projects, students get into the artistry and techniques of filmmaking, honoring their critical thinking and creative skills. You learn the steps behind making blockbuster films and how their thought process behind them. This immersive program takes students into the world of filmmaking and ignites their creativity. 

1. Ironworks 

The ironworks class offers students more than just physical fitness. Under the guidance from Head Lacrosse Coach, Nick Mandia and Head Football Coach, Jeff Giger, students learn proper techniques for lifting weights safely and effectively. Beyond building strength and muscle, the class emphasizes the importance of perseverance and goal setting. This class fosters a supportive and encouraging environment, where students motivate and inspire each other. Ironworks class equips students with valuable skills that extend beyond the weight room. 

1. Ceramics 

The Ceramics class at Erie offers students a unique opportunity to explore their creativity through clay. Under the guidance of Renita Orellana, students learn the fundamentals of pottery-making, from shaping and molding to glazing and firing. Students have the freedom to experiment with various techniques and forms, allowing them to discover their own artistic style. Beyond the pottery wheel, the class emphasizes the importance of craftsmanship and attention to detail. “Ceramics is a class you look forward to every day,” Senior Avery Liska states. Students are able to take pride in the work they have created. Overall, ceramics provides a creative and inspiring environment where students can unleash their creativity. 

1. Adventure Bound  

Erie High school’s adventure bound class offers a unique blend of physical strength and teamwork. This class not only teaches essential rock-climbing techniques but also highlights key safety protocols, ensuring a safe class environment. “You learn to rely on each other,” Senior Micheal Randolph says when asked what skill you have learned. This class proves to be an enriching experience for those who just want to have fun. 

Classes at Erie not only ensure education but also make sure they are enriching to all students. These classes students walk away with learning lifelong skills they can take into the world with them.