Stories You Can Sink Your Teeth Into

Tiger Times

Stories You Can Sink Your Teeth Into

Tiger Times

Stories You Can Sink Your Teeth Into

Tiger Times

Spring Break Keepsakes

As the weather hit a high of 66º, and students were released two days early for “snow days”, the students of Erie High School embarked on a week-long break from second semester. 

Students at Erie went to a handful of places, either to take a break from the harsh Colorado snow or take advantage of the fresh powder. Many people opted for the former, going on cruises or visiting the sunbelts. But the few that chose the latter enjoyed the snow and sunshine provided by the past snowstorm just days before. However, a large portion of students stayed home this break, enjoying some much deserved rest after midterm season. 

Sophomore, Maris DeMers, went on a Royal Carribean Cruise which took her and her family on a tour of the Mexican Gulf, Cozumel, and Costa Maya, where the weather was warm and sunny all week long. Besides getting to tan under the blaring sun, DeMers says her favorite part of the whole trip was making new friends, “I loved getting to meet new people on the cruise, running around the cruise with people I met less than 24 hours ago is definitely a core memory.” 

“I wish spring break was longer, I miss it.”

— Maris DeMers

Many students chose to stay at home in Erie, using the free week to sleep and spend time with family. Sophomore Lennon Green’s family stayed close to home this break, using the time to hang out as a family and spend more time together. Green says the week break helped him recover from stressful midterms and homework, “The break helped me relax and recharge, and I got to spend more time with my sister which was cool,” He follows, “I also had practice a lot of the week, which was fun because I got to see my teammates.” 

Sophomores, Kiley Lindstrom and Amara Garland also stayed home, with their week being filled with sports practices, working, and hanging out with friends. “A lot of our friends went out of the state for break, so we had a lot of time for ourselves,” says Lindstrom. However, they both made the best of it, hanging out and spending time together. 

But, some people decided to venture a little past the lines of Erie, like Sophomore Nick Donchez, who went skiing for a couple days before going west to Disneyland. As the storm brought in upwards of 4 feet of snow, fresh powder was stacked on the rocky mountain range. “The slopes were good, I went to winter park though so I don’t know about other places.” Donchez says, but his days at the slopes were cut short as during the back half of the week he went west to California. As it’s spring break season for schools across the country, it was expected to be packed, Donchez added, “It was really busy because of spring break I think, but it was still fun.” 

As the second half of the spring semester begins, brace yourself for a packed schedule, as it’s packed with sporting events, prom, and finals season!