Stories You Can Sink Your Teeth Into

Tiger Times

Stories You Can Sink Your Teeth Into

Tiger Times

Stories You Can Sink Your Teeth Into

Tiger Times

Starbucks Launches New Products for Fall

Along with the holidays, sweater weather, and of course all things pumpkin spice, the fall breezes are blowing in brand new deals and products for 2023 at Starbucks. 

This fall is a particularly special one for the infamous pumpkin spice latte as Starbucks celebrates its 20th year available on the seasonal menu. 

If you prefer to be more experimental, there’s a wide range of unique, never before seen recipes hitting the shelves this year as well. The Iced Pumpkin Cream Chai Tea Latte, the Iced Apple Crisp Oatmilk Shaken Espresso, the Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew, and the Apple Crisp Oatmilk Macchiato are introducing themselves to the drink menu, with the Baked Apple Croissant quickly selling out in the bakery section. 

The Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew and Iced Pumpkin Cream Chai Tea Latte are great options for those who prefer classic fall flavors like pumpkin or warm spices. The cold brew combines a solid, reliable coffee base, complemented by the sweet, whipped pumpkin cold foam and topped with a touch of pumpkin spice powder. The chai tea latte replicates these final touches, but swaps the cold brew for a more complex and milky chai including black tea concentrate and spices like cinnamon and cloves. 

The Apple Crisp Oatmilk Shaken Espresso puts a seasonal spin on the Brown Sugar Oatmilk Shaken Espresso. A few pumps of the new Apple Brown Sugar syrup are shaken with espresso shots, ice, and cinnamon, with Oatmilk poured over the top to finish. The combination makes for the perfectly versatile espresso that concludes with a striking cascade. 

Similarly, the Apple Crisp Oatmilk Macchiato adds some autumnal alterations to the Caramel Macchiato- replacing classic flavors like vanilla and caramel with warmer, more apple cider-reminiscent ones, and finishing with a harmonious Oat Milk rather than the standard two percent. Finally, the Baked Apple Croissant balances a picturesquely golden, flaky croissant with an apple pie filling. 

These products, along with standard fall items like the Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffin and Pumpkin Spice Latte, became available on August 24th, 2023 and will last for a limited time only. 

At the Highway Seven and Sheridan location, Starbucks shift supervisor Mack Ulibarri reflects on his four years working at the company, stating that pumpkin spice season is notoriously fast paced and involved. “For shift supervisors, it’s a lot of making sure all of the billboards are all set up properly and making sure all of the product is set up for the people for the next day.”

Ulibarri and other shift supervisors are tasked with unique responsibilities to ensure successful execution of tasks on a day to day basis, which revs up in anticipation of seasonal drops. “It’s definitely extremely busy.” He concludes. Even so, the job is still rewarding. “I love seeing all of the people come in and they’re all extremely happy to try all of our new drinks.”

Barista Carol Mauch has been pulling shots of espresso, blending Frappuccinos, and restocking milk fridges for almost eight years. Even though this isn’t her first pumpkin spice season, she still gets excited about the seasonal product drops. “Pretty much everybody waits all year long to get those favorite drinks that they really like. I think it’s fun.” She explains. 

“We run out of things a lot, because [people] love it so much.” Mauch elaborates. To keep up with product availability and to take advantage of deals, drops, and notifications, she encourages Starbucks customers to download the mobile app to get updates for “every store, all season long.”. 

As the fall season continues and stores begin initial preparations for winter, the holiday season and cold weather create excitement and connection for Starbucks customers and employees alike. The fall flavors won’t last forever, so enjoy them while they last. In the words of Carol Mauch, “No one can argue that Pumpkin Spice isn’t king.”