Stories You Can Sink Your Teeth Into

Tiger Times

Stories You Can Sink Your Teeth Into

Tiger Times

Stories You Can Sink Your Teeth Into

Tiger Times

Erie High School Girls Golf Aims for Historic Three-Peat with Third Consecutive State Title Bid

Logan+Hale%2C+Taylor+Hale%2C+Hadley+Ashton%2C+Hollyn+Drennen.+
Erie Boys and Girls Twitter Page
Logan Hale, Taylor Hale, Hadley Ashton, Hollyn Drennen.

As the spring season gets underway, the Erie High School Girls Golf team is going for a historic three-peat. 

The girl’s team has etched its name in the hallways of Erie High School by securing back-to-back state titles. But the three-peat doesn’t serve as an easy feat to complete. 

Luckily for the Erie team, they have an electric and dynamic front four to lead the morale of the team. 

One of the top players Logan Hale is the captain of this Erie squad. Coming off of the dominant state victory last season, Logan is looking to add another state title under her belt as she has been working through the off-season. Hale explains, “When the summer season begins which consists of other tournaments and heavier practice. In addition to competing on longer courses, I spend a lot of time focusing on conditioning and working out.” 

Another skillful and consistent play is at the front of this Erie team as well, Wisconsin commit Hadley Ashton. Hadley also has a state title under her belt and brings another winning attitude to this squad. The duo of Hadley and Logan is a duo that golf courses throughout the high school season are going to be afraid of.

An experienced and rising player on this Erie team, Taylor Hale, Junior, has contributed a lot to this team. Taylor was able to make state last year as a sophomore and she is a player people shouldn’t overlook with her quality golf game. 

Taylor is looking to have another competitive season in which she can be at that front to lead this Erie team. 

This Erie squad doesn’t stop at just three good golfers, they have a fourth in Hollyn Drennen who is a college-caliber golfer. She has committed to Chico State and is looking to build off a successful season last year. Hollyn has proven she can provide depth and a driving force towards the success of this team. 

Off of the course, Hollyn can have girls look up to her but also she is willing to help people out when they need it. “I think this season is going to be much different from the others. I think we have a lot of new girls which is great because you get to see the potential of the program,” Drennen mentioned.

As the season continues throughout the year, this powerful and dynamic program is going to strive towards the rare three-peat at state this May. With Logan, Hadley, Taylor, and Hollyn leading the Tigers through thick and thin, it’ll be a season to remember for many years to come.