Stories You Can Sink Your Teeth Into

Tiger Times

Stories You Can Sink Your Teeth Into

Tiger Times

Stories You Can Sink Your Teeth Into

Tiger Times

Top 5 Mountains in Colorado to Ski and Snowboard

High school students from all corners of the state are eagerly awaiting winter break, not just for the holidays, but for the thrill of skiing down some of the most renowned mountains in the region.

In Colorado, there’s lots of fun things to do in the winter, for example, you can get a special pass that lets you go skiing at different mountains. 

There are two types of passes that give you access to mountains all over Colorado, the Epic Pass and the Ikon Pass, that let you go to over 100 ski mountains all over the world. But even if you don’t have a pass, there are still lots of great ski resorts in Colorado where you can have fun, get better at skiing, and do other fun things in small towns in the mountains.

Breckinridge 

A favorite among thrill-seekers and winter sports enthusiasts. Evan Howard, a Senior at Erie High School, couldn’t contain his excitement about Breckenridge. “Breck [it’s most common nickname] is one of the best mountains for both skiers and snowboarders of all experience levels and is where I and many others fell in love with the sport.”

“Breck” is one of Colorado’s highest resorts. Boasting 2,908 skiable acres across five mountains and 187 different trails, this mountain offers something for every skill level. Breckenridge is part of the epic pass. 

Telluride

Nestled in the San Juan Mountains, Telluride is a hidden gem that captures the hearts of those who crave a more rugged skiing experience. The mountain offers a good mix of beginner, intermediate, and advanced runs. Many experts can find a broad amount of hike-to-terrain for more extreme skiing. The resort has more than 2,000 acres of terrain. It’s a whopping 6.5 hours driving from Denver. Telluride is part of the epic pass. 

Vail

Vail is one of the biggest Colorado ski resorts. Spread over 5,289 acres and the third biggest resort in the county. Vail has three terrain parks and is a great place for beginner and intermediate-level skiers. Vail, known for its luxurious amenities and vast ski terrain, attracts skiers seeking both adventure and comfort. Vail is roughly 2 hours outside denver. Vail is part of the Epic Pass. 

Winter Park 

Winter Park is a skier’s ski resort. Nestled in the Colorado Rockies, the mountain boasts diverse terrain suitable for all skill levels, making it an ideal choice for both beginners and seasoned skiers. “This was the first mountain I ever skied and it holds a lot of sentimental value and memories.” Senior Sydney Walls says. With a variety of trails, top-notch facilities, and a welcoming atmosphere, Winter Park stands out above the rest. Winter Park is only 1.5 hours outside Denver depending on traffic. Winter Park is part of the Ikon Pass.

Loveland

Loveland ski resort is an excellent choice for a skiing adventure. Deep in the Rocky Mountains, Loveland boasts a variety of well-groomed trails suitable for skiers of all levels. Loveland’s affordability compared to some of the larger ski destinations makes it a budget-friendly option for high school students looking to get away. The Loveland Pass is just Loveland. 

Colorado Mountains provide a playground for outdoor enthusiasts, brining adventurers to explore their heights and their majestic beauty. Weather scaling the highest peak or marveling at Longs Peak, these mountains offer a glimpse into the Centennial State.