Stories You Can Sink Your Teeth Into

Tiger Times

Stories You Can Sink Your Teeth Into

Tiger Times

Stories You Can Sink Your Teeth Into

Tiger Times

Erie High’s Game-Changing Scoreboard Debuts.

In the heart of Erie, the community is buzzing about football and seeing the Erie Tigers come out onto the field week in and week out. Even with the excitement that surrounds Erie football already, there will be more anticipation with the new scoreboard coming to the stadium. 

As the days were coming to the final day of building the scoreboard the morning sun shined on the state of the art scoreboard.  Athletes across sports that play in Tiger Stadium have excitement for this scoreboard and ready for it to be in use for their games. 

Sports like lacrosse, football, and soccer will have a next level experience for their season and for the seasons to come. “I like the new scoreboard. It’s a huge upgrade from the last one, I think it really flips a big focus on Erie’s athletics and how strong and dominant all of our communities’ sports have been.” Senior Lacrosse Captain Liam Connors mentioned.

Erie Lacrosse will be one of the only schools in Colorado High School Lacrosse that will have an option for a running clock to utilize in games or practices. 

In addition to the benefits to the sports, Brandon Bird who leads the broadcast for all Erie sports sees the benefits the scoreboard brings his program so they can push to the next level. Gaining abilities to show replays and new graphics to the fans just like college and professional teams do. “It gives us another avenue to reach people, the dream is to integrate the replay system into the scoreboard for the fans.” Bird stated. 

Before the program gets too ahead of themselves there is going to be a little time before they can do all the things they want with the scoreboard. 

There is so much the students within the program will have to learn so the scoreboard and broadcasts can run smoothly for the audience to watch or listen to.  “It’ll be a little bit before we integrate the scoreboard into our Erie Tiger Network broadcast,” Bird mentioned. 

With all at hand for Erie High School, there are a lot of bright spots to look at for all of these programs and we can elevate our schools’ standards. As that grows within the school, the community will start to build more culture and traditions within the athletes that play for Erie that the community can connect with.