Senior Class President Candidates

Alyssa Chavez, Senior Staff Writer

Name: Spencer Blalock

Campaign Social Media Platforms: Instagram: @spencer4scp

What They Do Outside of School: Marching and Symphonic Band, and I volunteer for the ETN on occasion.

Why They are Running for Office: I decided to run for office because no one really knows what next year is going to look like, and I believe that I can take our given situation, whatever that happens to be, and make our senior year the best that it can be.

Campaign Slogan: Spencer Blalock for Senior Class President

Main Points of Campaign: I want to take whatever situation we are given and make it into the best senior year that we can possibly have.

What They Want to Achieve in Office: I can’t promise that we will have all the events we’d like to have, but I can promise that I will do everything in my power to make those events happen.

What They are Excited For: I’m excited to have an opportunity to lead my class.

Why They are the Best Candidate: I wouldn’t say that there is a ‘best’ candidate for Senior Class President. We all have our strengths and weaknesses. And even though we are all technically competing against each other, when the votes are counted, all four of us will be celebrating.

Name: Daelyn Thasiah

Campaign Social Media Platforms: Instagram @daelyn4scp

What They Do Outside of School: She is currently involved in Student Council, Tigers Together, Link Crew, 8th Grade Mentoring, YoungLife as well as a WyldLife Student Leader. And has previously been a part of the Unified Bowling Team and on Swim Team.

Why They are Running for Office: Daelyn chose to run for Senior Class President because she wants to fill our senior year with new events and bring back old events bigger and better. Let’s make high school something to miss when you graduate and not something you’re looking forward to leaving! And since she has been in student council for 3 years she is confident all of these things won’t be bottomless promises and that she can make our senior year amazing!

Campaign Slogan: Senior year could be bright as DAE! 

Main Points of Campaign: 

– let’s fill our senior year with so many memories and events

– Covid has taken so much from all of us, let’s take it back!

– Daelyn wants to start new traditions to pass on to underclassmen

– She has experience in event planning, event proposals, and budgeting!

– Let’s not waste any time and make our senior year great!

What They Want to Achieve in Office: She is hoping to bring in new events and traditions like Powderpuff, Mr.Tiger, Carnival Nights, Senior Brunches, Slip n Slide Nights, Movies in the Park, and Haunted Houses and also bring back old events and traditions bigger and better like Senior Sunrise/Sunset, Erie’s got talent and more!!

What They are Excited For: She is genuinely just excited for our senior year in general! As the graduating class of 2022, we have the chance to leave our mark on Erie by having the best senior year Erie has ever seen!! And seeing as we are all eager and excited to be back at school let’s fill our year with more memories and events!

Why They are the Best Candidate: Because she is the only one who has been in student council and is prepared for the time commitment as well as has the experience needed for the job to be done well from the start! We’ve wasted enough of our time in high school and if you vote Daelyn you’re promised millions of memories will be made in our senior year no matter what!

Name: Leandra Thorpe

Campaign Social Media Platforms: Instagram @leandrathorpeforsp

What They Do Outside of School: Swim

Why They are Running for Office: I wanted to make an impact and league a legacy at the school.

Main Points of Campaign: Strong representative for the class. Easy to get along with.

What They Want to Achieve in Office: Make sure everyone knows what’s going on with StuGo.

What They are Excited For: I’m most excited to be a leader for my senior class!

Why They are the Best Candidate: I’m the best candidate because I have had many experiences that have pushed me out of my comfort zone. By having this experience I am able to be a strong leader while making sure that the ideas I am presented are heard.

Name: Kendyl Tyson

Campaign Social Media Platforms: @Kendyl4scp – Instagram

What They Do Outside of School: In the past, cheerleading, and diving. Currently, volleyball.

Why They are Running for Office: Having a fun senior year feels more important than ever, so Kendyl wants to bring the class of 22 together to achieve that, in and out of school.

Campaign Slogan: “Fun is a guarantee when you vote for Kendyl T.”

Main Points of Campaign: The main point of my campaign is to have a very fun school year the best school year for this upcoming school year. To make sure that I hear what the students want to happen at Erie for next year. To make sure that this next year that not just the events are catered towards the seniors but every grade will remember the most amazing year of their high school lives if I get elected.

What They Want to Achieve in Office: Something Kendyl would like to achieve in office would be planning senior events like kickball, dodgeball, senior sunrise/sunset, etc.

What They are Excited For: Kendyl is most excited to be able to jump in right away and start communicating with her class!

Why They are the Best Candidate: Not only is Kendyl a very social person who loves making new friends and talking with others to create new ideas, Kendyl Tyson is the best candidate because she has incredible school spirit! She will go out of her way to get everyone involved. She also has excellent leadership qualities and will never be shy when it comes to reaching out to students or staff.