Sophomore Class President Candidates

Zoe Goldman and Kendall Wachowiak

Name: Ben Egan

Campaign Social Media Platforms: Instagram- @ben4sophcp                      

What They Do Outside of School: He is in pit orchestra, and 2 all-star jazz bands.

Why They are Running for Office: He wants to meet people, create opportunities, and make Erie High School even better than it already is!

Campaign Slogan: “Are you jammin’ with Ben?”

Main Points of Campaign: Create and maintain relationships, and get work done. 

What They Want to Achieve in Office: He wants to plan events, help organize programs and charities, and create an overall better school environment.

What They are Excited For: He is most excited to meet you!

Why They are the Best Candidate: Because he loves talking to folks, and gathering input and feedback. He believes that human connections are the most important thing anybody could have, so I will make full use of those connections to make decisions that benefit everybody.

Name: Claire Huber

Campaign Social Media Platforms: Instagram- @claire4sophcp                   

What They Do Outside of School: She is involved in cheerleading, choir, theatre, and teens with wings.

Why They are Running for Office: She wants to make the school a better, more including place!

Campaign Slogan: “Claire Huber supports your future!”

What They Want to Achieve in Office: She’s going to make sure that everyone feels included and has fun events to look forward to! 

What They are Excited For: I’m most excited for a (hopefully) normal year!

Why They are the Best Candidate: Because of how many extracurricular activities she participates in, she’s heard many different perspectives and can make sure everyone feels like their voice is heard.

Name: Talia Kumar

Campaign Social Media Platforms: Instagram- @talia_kumar_2021            

What They Do Outside of School: She is involved in mock trial, she is in a play, she sings, she plays the piano, and can play tennis. 

Why They are Running for Office: She is running because she believes that she can really gain a lot from StuGo and because she would be a great representative for the sophomore class. She wants to support all of the students at Erie and uphold and better the positive community we have. She wants to advocate for others and help students find their voice and passions

Campaign Slogan: “Vote for your future, vote Kumar 2021”

Main Points of Campaign: The main points of her campaign are: the students have the ability to make their own future for Erie, keeping Erie’s community alive and to help it grow and thrive, to create outlets for people to express themselves, to fundraise for those that need it and to help teach and learn in a positive and respectful environment.

What They Want to Achieve in Office: Fundraising is a big goal of hers, raising money for all sorts of activities and clubs and sports that need it. She also wants to start new clubs, like an astronomy club, drone racing club, a DECA 

What They are Excited For: She is most excited to learn and experience something as cool as StuGo. She is excited to be able to hear from my peers and be able to make changes. She is excited to work as a team with everyone and make Erie High’s community a positive learning environment.

Why They are the Best Candidate: She is the best candidate for sophomore class president because she is an empathetic, positive, and hard-working leader that will listen. She has past experiences leading, in student council and as NJHS president. She enjoys teaching others and learning from others. She works well under pressure and can handle and adjust to constructive criticism well. She encourages leadership in others and teaches others. She will be able to represent the sophomore class and Erie as a whole with grace, joy, positivity, and respect.

Name: Mia Martinez

Campaign Social Media Platforms: Instagram- @mia4scp                                                               

What They Do Outside of School: She is involved in basketball as well as golf.

Why They are Running for Office: She wanted to have a good upcoming year and make sure our class can have a year to remember.

Campaign Slogan: “Vote Mia 4 Sophomore Class Prez”

Main Points of Campaign: Having a great upcoming year and to make a change for the better of our class.

What They Want to Achieve in Office: She wants to make a diversity club and hopefully have class activities.

What They are Excited For: She is excited about how fun our year will be with us all back in school.

Why They are the Best Candidate: Because I have been in student government for the high school for a year and I know what I’m doing and what my plans are for the upcoming year.

Not Response: Regina Kauffman, Campbell Moore, and Connor Morganfield.