The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina : The Unexpected Thriller

Korie Gallagher, Senior Writer

In the secret world of witchcraft, darkness, and the “Path of Night,” The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina (TCAS) has drawn viewers into the thriller and we could not be more happy about it. This show stars as the darker reboot to stories foretold in the Archie Comics, which also contributed to another successful show, Riverdale.

Sabrina Spellman, who is by chance half mortal and half witch, struggles to live in both worlds as her sixteenth birthday approaches. In the mortal world, she cares about her boyfriend and other aspects of general life, like going to high school and hanging out with her friends. However, in the witch realm, she has her family and makes the decision to not sign the “Book of the Beasts,” a signature that defines whether someone is a true witch or not. From that point on, her life changes forever.

Honestly, TCAS show is similar to the drama style of Riverdale. But, this type of drama actually fits perfectly with this show as there are just as many crazy events that take place in TCAS to support this format. Especially since the events on the plot line have way more supernatural and horror qualities than most type of drama televisions shows, which makes it pop out more in a good way.

Speaking of the plot line, The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, for the most part, becomes more intriguing the more you watch it. Going into the first half of the episodes (there are ten episodes in total), TCAS makes sure to give background information in advance for what is to come later in the series, while also adding moments where one second you are watching an episode, another you are gasping because you could not believe what a character just did.

Later in the series there are only a few episodes that seem dull compared to the others since nothing really happens. However, some might say (myself included), that the final few episodes make up for the earlier dullness as everything you considered normal in TCAS so far goes complete opposite in a sense. This made watching the show ten times more entertaining as so many things happen at once to the point where you reach absolute shock and the growing need to know what will happen next.

Overall, The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina is a must watch since the acting from all actors and actresses are phenomenal and the production set matches perfectly with the show’s thriller/horror/supernatural qualities. After binge watching this in one weekend, this show turned out to be one of my all time favorites and it could most likely turn out to be yours as well.