Tiger Times

Osborne leads Erie over Windsor

Grayson Blalock, Sports Editor

Welcome to varsity, Emma Osborne.

The Tiger freshman lead Erie today with 4 RBI’s and 2 runs scored in a 12-3 rout of Windsor. She started for the third game in a row due to senior star Teagan Brand spraining her ankle.

Erie got on the board in the top of the first with a 2 run double from Mady Vaughan. Osborne then kept it going in the bottom of the second with an RBI single.

Windsor would push across their only 3 runs in the top of the fourth on a double and a throwing error.

Osborne would give Erie the lead again in the bottom of the inning with another RBI single. After advancing on a walk, she stole third and promptly went home when the third baseman couldn’t handle the throw. Erie would add another run before they broke it open in the bottom of the fifth.

After four walks and a passed ball, Osborne doubled to the fence. An errant throw that went into the dugout sent her to third. Kat Sackett and Kambry Fraser would hit in 3 more runs to make the final score 12-3.

This win broke a mini-slump for Erie after two losses to Roosevelt and Frederick this week

Osborne said after the game that the Tigers came into the game with the mentality to break out of their slump. They certainly did an excellent job of that today.

Erie will look to start a winning streak when they take on top-ranked Holy Family on Tuesday.

Grayson Blalock; [email protected], @grayson_blalock on Twitter.

Box Score

1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Windsor 0 0 0 3 0 0 0
Erie 2 1 0 3 6 0

Stats

Pitching

Megan Loveland

7 IP, 7 H, 2 ER, 1 R, 1 K

Hitting

Osborne

3/4, 2B, 4 RBI, 2 R

Sackett

1/4, 2B, RBI

Quijas

1/3, RBI, 1 R, 2 BB

Williams

3/5, 2 R

Vaughan

1/5, 2B, 2 RBI

Fraser

1/3, 1 R

Russell

0/2, 1 R, 2 HBP

Armstrong

2/3, 2 2B, BB, 3R

Lovett

0/2, K, Sac Bunt

*Leach (CH)

1 BB