Tiger Times

What NOT To Do To Prepare For Finals

Freaking about finals? Here are some tips on what NOT do for the big tests.

All the supplies you need to crush finals

Kailey Pickering, Senior Staff Writer

With finals only days away it is important to know what to do to prepare. However it is equally as important to know what not to do when preparing for the big exams!

1) Procrastination!

Procrastinating will forever and always be your worst enemy, whether you are dreading studying for finals, avoiding a group project or putting off a job presentation. If you can learn to teach yourself to suck it up and put the effort into your work, then you are golden. But if you want to fail finals, then procrastinating is the way to go.

2) Do Not Sleep!

Even though as teenagers we are all used to going to bed at 11 or midnight (and then there are those crazy ones that stay up until two in the morning), sleep is a HUGE part of your performance. Whatever you do you are always going to need sleep;  accept that now and expect great things, or do not, and settle for the bare minimum.

3) Use Only One Method

If you want to space out and not make connections during the test when it counts, then only use one method of studying. There are so many methods of studying like using colors, drawing pictures, watching videos and so many other great ways to study. So if you want to freak out when you are in need of knowledge, stick to one way of studying.

4) Netflix!

Netflix can be the best and worst thing that has ever happened to you. It is great to wind down and lose stress, but if you spend four hours watching Stranger Things, your future self is not going to thank you.

5) Argue With Your Teachers

Disagreeing with and picking fights with your teachers is the absolute best way to fail you classes. Even if you know in your very soul that you are right, sit tight and stay quiet because it is the teacher’s class not yours, and they are going to teach it how they please. You will not always agree with everyone in your life, but if you want that grade to slip between your fingers, give your teachers a piece of your mind.

Overall, finals week is only as hard if you make it. All you need is a little studying, a lot of confidence, and to avoid these actions. Have faith in yourself and your abilities, and you will soar!

1 Comment

One Response to “What NOT To Do To Prepare For Finals”

1. Hannah Goldman on December 15th, 2017 8:22 am

I love your introduction and conclusion to the story. The introduction got me very drawn to the story and wanted me to read until the end. The conclusion was a great way to rap up the story and made me feel good about my test taking abilities. Your style of speaking was very clear. When reading, I felt like you were right in front of me telling me these amazing finals strategies. My only suggestion is to add more tips on studying for finals because these were very effective for me and I would love tear hear what other advice you have! My favorite part of the story is your Netflix tip. I tend to do my work with Netflix in the background but turning off the Netflix really helped me study better. Overall, I love your work and this story is amazing!

[Reply]

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• What NOT To Do To Prepare For Finals

Erie

“Grow with Alejo”

• What NOT To Do To Prepare For Finals

Features

The Girl Who is Dancing Her Way Through Life

• What NOT To Do To Prepare For Finals

Features

The Story of an Average High School Musician

• Student Life

Simmer Into Summer

• What NOT To Do To Prepare For Finals

Opinion

Too Much Work Not Enough Time?

• What NOT To Do To Prepare For Finals

Student Life

5 Amazing Books That Will Bring Adventure To Your Summer

• Student Life

Are You Lacking Motivation ?

• What NOT To Do To Prepare For Finals

Erie

This Week is Teacher Appreciation Week!

• What NOT To Do To Prepare For Finals

School News

Thank God it’s Friday

• What NOT To Do To Prepare For Finals

School News

How You Are Going To Rock The SAT This Tuesday

Stories You Can Sink Your Teeth Into
What NOT To Do To Prepare For Finals