Stories You Can Sink Your Teeth Into

Tiger Times

Stories You Can Sink Your Teeth Into

Tiger Times

Stories You Can Sink Your Teeth Into

Tiger Times

Gridiron Glory: The Ten Must Watch CU Football Games This Season

The Deion effect has come in full swing and CU fans are ready to fight shoulder to shoulder with anyone who’s coming into Folsom Field. From thrilling rivalries to ranked matchups, we dive into the top 10 CU Football Games of the season.

1. CU vs Stanford

The word for this game is consistency, can CU football show to the world that they are dominant contenders for the PAC-12 championship game. CU should have a full roster with Travis Hunter coming back and a good-looking game for CU to win. 

1. CU vs Arizona 

This game will set the tone for the last two weeks of conference play that CU will face to end their 2023 campaign. This is also the last home game for CU so it’ll be an electric outing by the CU faithful. 

1. CU vs. Arizona State

This will either be a bounce-back game or a game to keep the momentum going if they find a way to beat USC. The results to come of this game has the potential to be a confidence booster either way even with a loss. 

1. CU vs UCLA 

The high quality matchup will put the Buffs up to the test of how CU can handle hostile environments. With UCLA having a true freshman at quarterback we will see how CU’s defense can handle the run. 

1. CU vs Utah 

The infamous clash of the bordering states showdown. CU has not had a great history of winning against the Utes, but with a whole new team this year Utah will have a lot to go up against. This will be a very hard-fought and physical game from the first to last snap. 

Deion Sanders on the CU Sidelines
  1. CU vs Oregon State 

Oregon State, who has a solid team this year, will try to ruin CU’s homecoming night. DJ Uiagalelei who was the former Clemson quarterback is playing well in his first year in the PAC-12. DJ has changed Oregon State’s offense in just one offseason of playing and already creating a huge impact within the Beavers program. With the pure amount of talent in the quarterback position in this conference, it will be a traditional shootout with an over/under near 70. 

1. CU vs Nebraska 

The historic rivalry between these two programs will bring out the best in these players in what could feel like a top matchup in college football. CU played a tight first half but it was all CU in the second half. The final score was 36-14 but it felt as good as it could’ve when beating Nebraska.

1. CU vs CSU

The Rocky Mountain showdown didn’t disappoint for a night game at Folsom Field. CU played an awful first half of football being down 21-14 at halftime. It wasn’t until the fourth quarter that Shadeur Sanders went “Brady mode” leading CU 98 yards down the field and a two-point conversion to send it to overtime. In overtime, CU was executing on all cylinders and pulling out a win 43-35.

1. CU vs TCU

Starting the year in a hostile environment against the national championship runner-ups, it was one of the biggest tests in CU football history. CU showed out in a traditional Big-12 shootout game beating the Horthe ned Frogs 45-42. 

1. CU vs USC

CU will look to pull one of the biggest upsets of the college football season so far. With a 10 percent chance to win this game and looking to win their first game against USC for the first time ever. People still don’t believe in what Deion has to offer which gives CU more reason to come out firing.  CU is looking to win one of the most historic games in Folsom Field history.