Stories You Can Sink Your Teeth Into

Tiger Times

Stories You Can Sink Your Teeth Into

Tiger Times

Stories You Can Sink Your Teeth Into

Tiger Times

Erie High’s NHS Coins For Cancer Fundraiser

Erie High Schools Coins for Cancer is brightening our community with its passionate cause. The National Honor Society of Erie High School -also known commonly as NHS- has officially started their annual fundraising for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

There are multiple outlets that NHS creates to make it easy for people to donate.“There are portals specifically for Erie High School for where the money goes to for this specific foundation and parents can go and donate to it. That’s been a huge help for how we make a lot of our money for it.” says Senior Kaeleigh Killian, one of the students who run the fundraiser.These portals allow parents to find out about the fundraisers so that if kids forget to tell their parents, then NHS can tell the parents. Making sure the parents know about this fundraiser is extremely important because they are the largest source of fundraising.

In the past, the donations have only gone up. Let’s take a look at what NHS goal for this year is.“Our goal this year is to raise 4,000 dollars, the past couple of years we raised between 3,000 and 5,000 so it was kind of like a good goal.” Killian explains excitingly.  With NHS constantly finding new ways to fundraise they are able to increase their earnings. NHS leaders for Coins for Cancer added a new fun way for the community to donate. During a football and volleyball game buckets were passed around so people could put money in whichever team they thought was going to win. Killian described this as a “fun and competitive” way to increase donations.

This year’s donations are regular, so hopefully the National Honor Society at Erie can surpass their goal and donate even more money than they did last year.