Stories You Can Sink Your Teeth Into

Tiger Times

Stories You Can Sink Your Teeth Into

Tiger Times

Stories You Can Sink Your Teeth Into

Tiger Times

Baseball
May 22, 2024

Erie Baseball Closes up the Season

The 2024 baseball season for Erie High School was filled with ups, downs, and memorable moments. With a talented roster and motivated coaching staff, the Tigers showed their talents on the field, ultimately leading to a season that will be remembered for years to come. 

From the first pitch of the season, it was clear that Erie High School was determined to make a mark. The team quickly established itself as a strong opponent, showing a combination of strong pitching, big hitting, and solid defense. 

Early victories set the tone for the season, with the Tigers going to Arizona and going a perfect 3-0. The Tigers won those three games by a combined score of 33-5. 

One of the standout players of the season was senior Kaveh Meredith, who’s committed to play at Northern Colorado next year. Reflecting on the season, Meredith stated, “This year, we really came together as a team. Everyone contributed, from the starters to the new players. It was a complete team effort every game.” Meredith’s contributions were not limited to his performance on the mound; his leadership from Varsity to C team made him one of the team’s best leaders. 

Another key player was junior Austin Muir, known for his versatility and clutch performances. Muir’s ability to play multiple positions made him a very valuable asset to the team. “Playing different positions can be challenging, but it’s also exciting,” Muir explained. “It isn’t too big of a change because batting stays the same.” His ability to hit in clutch time came at a good time when he hit a home run against Horizon. 

Taylor McMaster, a junior that was selected to the first team all-conference. “Being part of this team has been an amazing experience,” McMaster shared. “Everybody on the team really enjoys being with each other and it really feels like a family.” McMaster’s growth over the season was evident in his increasing confidence and improved statistics, making him a player to watch for his senior season. 

As the season progressed, the Tigers faced tougher competition, but they rose to the challenge. Notable games included a thrilling extra-innings victory against Rocky Mountain, showcasing the team’s resilience and determination. 

The pitching staff, led by Meredith, kept opposing hitters at bay, while the offense, sparked by key hits from Muir and McMaster, provided the necessary runs to secure the win.

The 2024 Erie High School baseball season was a testament to teamwork, perseverance, and the relentless pursuit of excellence. The contributions of players like Kaveh Meredith, Austin Muir, and Taylor McMaster, along with the support of their coaches and community, made this season one to remember.