Erie High School Helps Dreams Come True with the First Ever Wish Week

Wish Week Unites Community for Heartfelt Cause!

Last week, Erie High School hit a major milestone with our very first Wish Week. It was all about teaming up with Make-A-Wish to make kids’ dreams come true right here in Colorado. Our school spirit was off the charts as we rocked themed days inspired by Calista, a Wish kid battling heart disease. From wearing blue and red for heart awareness to rocking our favorite Disney gear, we showed our support in style. Erie High school also hosted a myriad of after school events and fundraising opportunities.

Erie high school had spirit days all week inspired by Calista.  The halls were filled with school spirit with students dressed in blue and red for heart disease awareness, baseball jerseys, Disney gear, PJs and pink out.  Student government strategically chose these days around Calista and pictures were taken all week of students in spirit gear and sent to her to brighten her day as she fights against Congenital Heart disease.  

Spirit week schedule posted by the Erie Student Government Instagram Page @Erietigerstugo https://www.instagram.com/erietigersstugo/?hl=en

Brooklyn Smith, a dedicated Student Government member, leader of student activities and a candidate for Student Body Vice President, expressed the excitement within the Student Government about the fundraiser. She emphasized, “Stugo has been so excited planning Wish Week and it was great to see students participating”. 

Wish Week brought the entire community together, getting local companies involved.  Local companies like Bird House and Sweets Ice Cream hosted fundraising nights with part of proceeds going to Make-a-Wish Colorado.  Other restaurants like Noodles Co. and Panda Express also participated.  It was empowering  families showing up for the greater cause.

Most notably, Erie held an event at TopGolf.  Many Erie students came to have fun with friends all for a good cause.  Wish Week had a good turn out fundraising thousands of dollars towards the cause.  Students showcased their golfing skills and shared laughter with friends, all while rallying for a noble cause.

It also brought the Erie community together. Student Government Teacher Mrs. Stuart, expresses how, “Whenever people are working together for a greater cause, that always brings people together” It was so amazing to see the Erie High school community bind together.

Looking ahead, Student Government aspires to build upon this foundation, forging deeper relationships with Make-A-Wish and local businesses.  Next year Student Government hopes to get Erie’s elementary and middle schools even more involved.  Dax Bradshaw, current Student Body Vice President explained, “I can’t wait to see what the future of this event actually holds, because I feel like we got the attention of a lot of different businesses wanting to participate in the event”

As we wrap up Wish Week, Erie High is ready to make this a tradition to remember. With each passing year, we’ll keep the fire alive, spreading kindness and making dreams come true for more kids like Calista. Let’s keep the spirit going strong, writing our story of generosity and unity for years to come.

Erie’s own Wish kid Calista