Last Minute Halloween Guide
It is almost Halloween folks, which means for all you last minute readers out there, it is time to start cracking down on that seasonal spirit.
If your mind has gone blank and Pinterest just is not working out for you, here is a trusty Spook Guide on how to win Halloween without anyone knowing you did not try. Got stuck babysitting on Halloween night? Or maybe you are hosting a party that is almost too dead; these spooktactular DIY’s are pretty easy to accomplish both on your own and with a friend!
3 DIY Pumpkin Ideas
Bedazzle Your Pumpkin
Supplies: glitter, studs, stones, jewels, beads, hot glue gun or some Elmer’s glue.
- Get a pumpkin (or some sort of food item with a rind).
- Organize your sparkly junk.
- Put glue on the pumpkin, and go crazy with the sparkles.
Crayon Melt Pumpkin
Supplies: Assortment of non-toxic crayons/wax, hair dryer or heat gun, and duct tape.
- Get a pumpkin (or some sort of food item with a rind).
- Tape the crayons on the top of your pumpkin around the stem.
- Torch the crayons with your hair dryer/heat gun.
- Watch the pretty colors melt along your pumpkin.
- Take the duct tape off of the non melted wax.
- Torch the rest of the crayons.
Fairy House Pumpkin
Supplies: A pumpkin (or some sort of food item with a rind), greenery (grass or leaves), barbie furniture, and LED fairy lights.
- Carve out the guts of the pumpkin.
- Carve out little holes and windows in your pumpkin.
- Insert greenery/decoration.
- Insert LED lights.
Three DIY Home Decoration Crafts
Supplies: Fake Leafs (preferable) or flacid real leafs, long stick, glue, string.
- Cut eight strings to be two feet long.
- Glue strings two inches apart onto stick.
- Glue leaves onto hanging part of string.
Supplies: Toilet paper rolls, any paint, tissue like paper, glue, and a marker.
- Paint TP rolls any color.
- Glue little skirt onto bottom of toilet paper roll.
- Draw on eyes, mouth, etc.
- Optional: hang from string to make a garland.
Halloween Cross Stitch
Supplies: Fabric of any sort, needle, colorful thread assortment (if desired), a marker, picture frame
- Draw your design onto the fabric.
- Trace along your design with your thread and needle.
- Stitch your thread in an X style.
- When you’re done, frame your work for people to see!
Last Minute Halloween Costumes
It is literally Halloween night, are you freaking out because you do not have anything to wear? Here are a couple ideas to save your soul from any other frightful happenings
Supplies: Black paper, white paper, scissors, tape, and a colorful oversized shirt/dress.
- Cut out Boba Pearls from black paper.
- Tape those on the bottom of your shirt/dress.
- Make a cylinder with the white paper.
- Tape that onto your shoulder (or wherever you want).
Jim Halpert From The Office
Supplies: White button up, black pants, black tie, black paper, scissors, and tape.
- Cut three large circles from black paper.
- Tape those onto your shirt like a three hole punch paper.
Supplies: Blue button up, black or brown pants, pallette, hairbrush, hairspray, and hair pins.
Optional: Afro wig.
- Flip your hair upside down.
- Tease your hair all the way through.
- Hair spray it upside down.
- Flip your hair rightside up and laugh.
- Pin your non teased ends over the teased hair to finish your ‘fro.
- No mistakes, just happy little afros.
Spice Up the Party
What if your party is not hitting off the way you wanted it to? Take this ghoul’s advice on how to spice up the evening:
Devil Them Eggs
Ingredients: boiled eggs, food dye, mustard, mayonnaise, and seasoning.
- Remove outer shell from boiled eggs.
- Cut your boiled eggs in half.
- Separate yolks from whites into a separate bowl.
- Place 1 cup of mayo into yolk bowl.
- Place ¼ cup of mustard.
- Mix in a festive color (purple, green, orange, etc).
- Scoop yolk bak into egg whites.
You Look Dumb but it is Okay
Supplies: Donuts with a hole, string, a place to hang the string from, and blindfolds.
- Tie a donut onto a string.
- Hang the string from a reasonable height.
- Find people who want donuts.
- Tie their hands behind their back and blindfold them.
- Make them try to eat that donut as fast as they can.
Waste the TP Stache
Requires at least five people, toilet paper, and blindfolds.
Optional: ornaments/additional decor.
- Make two people the mummies and the other two the mummifiers; the other person will time and judge.
- Blindfold the mummifiers, and give them a roll of TP.
- The mummies can direct their mummifiers verbally on where to wrap.
- The judge supplies the mummifiers with TP as the game progresses.
- The group with the most decorative and appealing mummy to the judge wins!
Bother Aunt Helen
*Not really recommended for anyone to participate in. Be cautious and safe about tampering with paranormal activity. There is even a movie about it.
- The objective of the Closet Game is to summon not just a spirit or a ghost, but a demon. Basically, all you need to do is step inside a pitch-black closet, hold up an unlighted match, and say “Show me the light or leave me in darkness.” Once you being to hear any whispering, light the match immediately. In the event that you fail to light the match right away after hearing the whisper, it is said that something will grab you from behind and drag you to eternal darkness. The same thing would happen if you get curious enough to turn around and see what is behind you. If you did not do any of those mistakes, open the closet door with your lit match in hand and slowly step outside. From then on, you must always make sure to have the lights on whenever you look inside your closet since it is now permanently haunted by a demon.
- You and your partner have to go to a dark room with a large mirror. Bring a flashlight and a toy, preferably one that a little girl would like. Set up two chairs in front of the mirror and a table behind the chairs. Place the toy on top of the table. Make sure the toy’s reflection can be seen in the mirror. You should both take your seats and make sure no other light comes through the room except the ones coming from your flashlights. Say the words “We want to play Charlotte’s Web” in unison. Wait for Charlotte as she appears in the mirror to take the toy. You may now converse with her or ask her questions. Once you are done, say “Goodbye, Charlotte” with your partner.
Maybe you are one of those people who likes to keep it lowkey on Halloween. Handing out candy and watching a movie by yourself or with friends is sometimes the way to go. Here is a handy list of both mellow and freaky movies to choose from in case watching the news is not scary enough.
Mellow Spooky Level:
- Addams Family
- Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown
- Hocus Pocus
- Monsters Inc
- Nightmare Before Christmas
Chilling Spooky Level:
- Dark Shadows
- Flowers in the Attic
- Halloween series
- The Others
- Texas Chainsaw
- What Lies Beneath