What Can the Career/Counseling Center Do for You?

Career%2FCounseling+Center+

Career/Counseling Center

Emma Sanders, Managing Editor

The Career/Counseling Center is a great resource to help students with scholarships, college applications, career paths, and is open to all students every Wednesday during A and B lunch.  

The counselors are available during lunch in the Career/Counseling Center to help students fill out college and job applications, get information on colleges and trade schools, and explore scholarships on Naviance.

Since opening last spring, the Career/Counseling Center serves as the location for both college representative visits, which you can sign up for on Naviance, and multiple school clubs, including Latino Club, Tigers Who Care, and Sources of Strength.

Senior Counselor Molly Creek says that the center is “a space that we can use for bigger groups… and we do have some games in there and college brochures and pamphlets.”

There is “specified programming for each Wednesday,” elaborates Creek, which has included Minute to Win It games, Jeopardy, and specified presentations for seniors, including FAFSA and free application day. The center is also one of the locations for upcoming senior group meetings, which will focus on the college and scholarship application processes.

While the Career/Counseling Center has a focus on college resources and scholarships, it is also a “just a comfortable space. We always want to have comfortable spaces for students to either just hangout or get any sort of support, whether that’s college or career or mental health,” Creek continues, “and we’re open to any requests or recommendations for the center, we’d love to hear those.”

Applying to colleges can be complicated and stressful, but the counselors are here to help make that process as smooth as possible and give students the resources and information to pursue their interests in whichever way they choose. If you have any questions about college or scholarships, or just want a constructive place to hangout, come to the Career/Counseling Center Wednesdays during lunch.