Faces in the Crowd pt. 3

Dillon Huselton, Staff Writer

Nicole Schubert is just another face in the crowd; another person at Erie, another soul roaming the bustling halls, another girl with her own story and experiences.

An average day for Schubert usually involves waking up early to attend cheer practice and mentally preparing for what the day may hold. She enjoys getting her work done and conversing with her friends during passing period. Schubert feels that she enjoys the average Erie experience; not constantly being in the spotlight but having comfort in knowing that she has her feet firmly planted, ready for whatever the future will throw at her.

Schubert enjoys the plethora of opportunities presented at Erie, from tutoring to extracurriculars of all kinds. She values the welcoming nature of our great high school and all the opportunities presented to students from all different backgrounds. Schubert has interest in meteorology and hopes to intern at 9NEWS next year. She has an interest in engineering, and is on the final course of the engineering pathway.

Schubert enjoys the welcoming environment that Erie presents to all students regardless of previous experiences or backgrounds. The environment at Erie is really represented in Schubert. She is an athlete and an engineer; in most other high school environments that would be a fairly uncommon occurrence. The environment in Erie bred this curiosity in Schubert that allowed her to be so outgoing with her intellect.

Schubert enjoys cheer and track. She is especially fond of pole vaulting. Sports allow Schubert to release any stress from living life as a teenage girl in the twenty-first century. However, Schubert is not living life stress free; she and many other high school students around the world are experiencing very similar problems everyday, whether it is missing class work or just trying to find someone to share a quiet moment with in the early hours of a Tuesday morning. It does not matter what it is because we are all just faces in the crowd.