Tiger Times

No Prom? No Problem

What to do if you're not going to prom...

Josie Brewer, Staff Writer

Prom is not only a once and a lifetime experience but an excuse to go have a great time with friends and forget about all your homework due on Monday. But for the scattered few of us who either tried throwing plans together too late or simply did not want to go, there’s still a list of things that can be just as fun as dancing the night away.

A trip to Winter Park

The best thing to do is grab a group of friends that opted out of prom and go have your own fun. Bowling and rollerblading can be a great pastime especially with friends, plus it’s not nearly as expensive as a prom ticket. If you’re feeling spontaneous or adventurous, a hike in Boulder or a day trip to winter park could be a great way to still have a great weekend without the dress or heels. If you’re more of an independent person, try giving yourself a spa day to de-stress from school. Whether you go out on the town or stay at home and binge watch that new Netflix series that’s been calling your name, as long as you’re with the people your closest to you can have a blast doing just about anything.

Prom dress bowling.

If you’re truly bummed about not going to prom or maybe you have a dress you can’t return, try getting dolled up and going out to dinner as though you were going, take a few photos to commemorate the moment. If you still want some of the prom experience, after prom is a great opportunity for those who don’t attend the actual dance but want to see their friends and stay up late into the night.

At the end of the day, prom is just one day of your life, and whether you choose to go or not, it won’t be as life-altering as all the cheesy movies say it will be. No matter what you end up choosing, you can have an amazing night that you’ll remember forever.

2 Comments

2 Responses to “No Prom? No Problem”

1. weike on April 14th, 2018 3:07 pm

Some interesting facts about me are that while in high school I attended four schools. I attended two my freshman year, I had elected to go to a school for a vocation and then left and went to my town school, then I moved from Massachusetts to New Jersey and went to one school down there for two years, then when I moved back to Massachusetts I attended a school in the town my dad lived in because Massachusetts has school choice and I lived in a city where I really wouldn’t have been able to make it through. I was hospitalized for two weeks when I was a sophomore in high school because I was depressed and my doctor wouldn’t treat me. They ended up finding I had high anxiety which effected my sleeping, causing insomnia and for me to go kind of crazy from lack of sleep. I met voice actor Vic Mignogna that spring when I attended an anime convention with my friends. When I went to prom I was really depressed because my dad told me my step-brother had just died from suicide. I spent the entire night begging the school to let me leave, but they had a rule against students leaving prom early. My mom even tried to explain to them the situation and they just didn’t care. Finally, I’ve known since I was 10 years old that I wanted to be a nurse and am currently in school for nursing!

[Reply]

2. Morgan Walje on April 24th, 2018 8:38 pm

Creative Ideas!

[Reply]

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• No Prom? No Problem

Erie

Watch Out Erie, Swim Is Coming!

• No Prom? No Problem

Erie

The Green Team is Growing Metaphorical Trees in our School

• No Prom? No Problem

Erie

Backyard Bullies

• No Prom? No Problem

Erie

Happy 10 Year Birthday To The Erie Community Library

• No Prom? No Problem

Erie

Mt. Fuji Hibachi is on fire!

• No Prom? No Problem

Erie

Kaitlyn Gentert: More Than Just a Social Studies Teacher

• Erie

Josie Reid: a True Hero of EHS

• Colorado

What to do over Winter Break

• Entertainment

The Erie Country Christmas Parade of Lights

• No Prom? No Problem

Erie

Boys Basketball Season Preview

Stories You Can Sink Your Teeth Into
No Prom? No Problem