Two Generations of A Capella Perform at Concert

FACE performs at EHS.

Grayson Wolff, Editor-in-Chief

This Friday, March 2nd, Erie High’s own auditorium will be the venue for a concert by FACE, an all vocal (a cappella) band.

The concert has become an annual tradition at EHS ever since its first debut in March of 2016. The concert supports and is a fund-raiser for the Erie Education Foundation, which provides scholarships for college-bound students, and even teachers wanting to further their own education.

“The Erie Education Foundation is the single biggest fund for the Erie community. The foundation gives out more money than any other entity exclusively for Erie students, teachers, and alumni” Dean of Students Paul Stecina explains.

FACE calls Colorado home and is very active within our communities. They also perform around the country and the world. The concert at EHS will be their first in the United States after their tour in Sweden.

During the concert FACE will perform their own spin on popular songs as well and will be presenting their own original material as well. All of which contain no musical except one, their voices.

Erie’s own 5130 acapella jazz band will be the opening act at the concert Friday. This will be their first concert-like performance, following their show during the reception at the choir departments annual silent auction this past December.

This won’t be the first time students from Erie will be performing alongside FACE, however. Erie choirs CR5 were the opening act in the first two concerts, and got the honor to perform alongside them in August for a song in their Red Rocks concert.

You can still buy tickets to come out and support the Erie community and have a great night. Tickets are $15 and can be bought here.